Position: Assistant Camp Program Director
Category: Full Time Seasonal
Supervisor: Camp Director
Date: June 2022
The role of the Assistant Camp Program Director is to aid in the management of the overall operations at All Sport’s Camp Fit. This leadership position will provide instructional supervision for staff and interact with families and community members regarding Camp Fit. This key role will play a vital part in the planning and delivery of program activities and events that cater to the variety of age groups attending Camp Fit.
(Minimum Qualifications and Experience)
· Camp Management and/or supervisory experience in a camp setting.
· Experience in working with a variety of children between the ages of 4 and 14 years old.
· Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population
· Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
Essential Job Functions:
· Under the direction of the Camp Director, this role will assist with the planning and implementation of a day camp program.
· Ensure lesson plans are prepared and implemented that meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers.
· Deliver progressive program activities.
· Develop and implement schedules and records for camp program and facilities.
· Coordinate all camp program activities with other staff and evaluate program delivery abilities of staff.
· Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs.
· Monitor and assist in maintaining health & safety practices throughout camp areas.
· Lead and manage staff, ensuring quality instruction, high energy, and overall performance.
· Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas.
· Oversee daily checks of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
· Represent the camp when interacting with parents or community members.
· Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their campers to have a successful camp experience.
Other Job Duties:
· Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
· Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to those assigned as leaders.
· Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise special events, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
· Identify other tasks or duties that this position may be expected to perform but are not necessarily the primary focus of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Training and experience in teaching program to adults and children.
· Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
· Ability to communicate and work with groups participating and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
· Ability to observe camper behavior assesses its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
· Ability to observe staff behavior assesses its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
· Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
· Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.