Before & After School Counselors
All Sport Health and Fitness is a locally owned family health club in Fishkill NY. We offer high quality, excellent before and after school programs and summer camps. We are committed to hiring positive, caring staff that will keep our programs at the level we expect.
We're looking for a high energy, experienced and skilled Site Supervisor and Counselors to become a part of our program team running a before and after school program in Fishkill.
LOCATION: All Sport Health and Fitness, 17 Old Main St Fishkill NY
HOURS: Monday- Friday from 7:00 am-8:30 am / 2:30pm - 6 pm. Holidays and Vacation Days from 8am -5:30pm
REPORTS TO: Program Director
JOB DATES: Follows the Wappingers School District calendar. September - June with year round employment possible with our summer day camp.
Summary: Direct program using skills and company best practices that cares for elementary school age children at our locations.
Job consists of
- Providing warm, nurturing care for children during the hours of operation.
- Direct daily activities which could include: fitness activities, group games, arts & crafts activities, homework completion, reading and other activities.
- Ensure staff and program complies with SACC guidelines and All Sport policies.
- Perform administrative management functions to include accurate attendance records, accurate registration materials, accurate staffing files and staffing hours.
- Provide continual communication with Program Director and all parents.
The education and experience qualifications for staff are as follows:
- Associates degree in Early Childhood preferred but not required.
- Two years teaching experience in a child day care center family or group family day care home, or other early childhood program AND two years of experience supervising staff OR
- School Age Child Care Credential AND Two years direct experience working with children under the age of 13, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity
- Possess high energy, be engaging and a team players
- Pass full background check including fingerprinting and reference checking
- Be medically fit to perform job duties and free of TB
- Be warm, friendly, caring with an upbeat personality and love working with children
- Have excellent people skills in dealing with children, parents and staff.
- Be professional, reliable and prompt
If you are offered a position, the following are required before beginning employment:
- Proof of education and or training. This includes official transcripts or certificates.
- Fingerprints and Background Check through the NYS Central Registry.
- Three references.
- A physical exam and the results of a TB test signed by a medical professional stating that the person is in good standing health to work with children. Not refundable.
- A completed criminal history review statement
All Sport Health and Fitness
Much like our fitness philosophy, All Sport continues to grow and renew itself. By the numbers, All Sport features 75,000 square feet of workout space on a 10-acre campus. Ingenuity is our ‘M.O.’ and we never stand still.
We enjoy coming up with more and more ways for you to get healthy, and stay fit. Beginning with over 100 adult group exercise classes (including Cycle, Yoga, Pilates, Barre Fusion, Body Combat, and Zumba), the latest state of the art technology and equipment, the best trained staff, a physical therapy center and even a travel agency (to show off that new bod on the beach!).
Company Website: www.allsporthealthandfitness.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)